Artisan Electrics video explains how an electric vehicle charging point is installed and all the things you need to know in order to get a quote.
- 00:27 What size is your main cutout fuse in Amps?
- 05:02 Do you have a looped service, i.e shared with neighbours?
- 06:22 How do you find your MPAN Number?
- 07:20 Do you have mains earth bonding to the gas and water?
- 10:20 Is there space in the existing consumer unit?
- 12:45 What if you have no space in the existing consumer unit?
- 13:56 Where do you want the charge point to be located?
- 16:08 What is the cable route from the consumer unit to the charge point?
- 18:00 What charge speed do you need?
- 20:21 What functions do you need with the charge point?
- 22:45 What brand, type, colour and finish do you want?
Join Octopus Energy as a new customer and receive £50 discount for joining any Octopus tariff including ones designed for Home charging. Also have them donate £50 to keep this site running, please click through to the Octopus site.