Electric car Batteries can be expected to go through many stages in their life, from new in a new car to providing energy for buildings and then being recycled.
There are a number of considerations needed for the Electric car Battery Lifecycle.
- On the purchase of a new car you can expect an 8 year Warranty
- With a decent Battery management System the Degradation should be minimal
- Batteries are expected to last longer than the cars
- The Battery Warranty should carry over to a subsequent owner
- Any Degradation should focus on individual cells enabling the battery to be reconditioned
- When the battery is considered unsuitable for a car it can be reused for buildings, e.g. offices, as part of a Solar, Wind & Battery combination
- The final stage of an Electric car’s battery life will be recycling to extract the valuable materials