Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme from April 2020
The grant is a 75% contribution towards the cost of one chargepoint and
its installation up to a maximum of £350 (including VAT) per household/
per eligible vehicle for installations that take place on or after the 1st of
Customers must provide evidence of keepership, lease, be named as the
primary user of an eligible electric vehicle or have a vehicle on order in
order to be able to qualify for the grant.
Eligibility is as follows:
- Individuals who have taken ownership of a new eligible electric vehicle on or after 1 October 2016 as long as they have not claimed against the previous chargepoint schemes;
- Individuals who have become registered keeper of a second-hand electric vehicle on or after 1 October 2016 are entitled to claim the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme Grant as long as they have not claimed against previous domestic chargepoint schemes;
- Individuals who are assigned a company car for at least six months on or after 1 October 2016;
- Individuals who lease an eligible vehicle for at least six months on or after 1October 2016;
- Individuals who are named by their employer as the primary user of an eligible electric vehicle for at least six months on or after 1 October 2016. If the named individual changes within six months, a second grant cannot be claimed;
- Individuals who can prove that they have ordered an eligible electric vehicle and the vehicle will be received on or after 1 October 2016.
The Vehicle, New or Second hand, must be on the OLEV list
You will require an OLEV approved installer. You will need to choose the Installer carefully as OLEV registered Installers are registered per equipment provider.
Be aware that the vehicle registration number will be required for the listed installer to make the application.
Although vehicle manufactures have their preferred installer they may wish to only do a minimal job, rather than what you need. Some have pre-requirements before they will do their part of the installation. However you are at liberty to use any installer on the OLEV list who complies with the rules.
Generally UK houses can take the extra load of charging an EV but the supply to a few places will unfortunately be insufficient.
Note: You cannot claim another OLEV grant for the same vehicle after moving home.